Our volunteers and fosters are the back bone to our organization and they are what make up Carolina P.A.W.S. Our volunteers help hundreds of animals a year through volunteering. Regardless of your skills and schedule, there are plenty of opportunities throughout the year to help us help animals in need! If you would like to join us to find homes for animals, educate the public or raise funds, please see our many opportunities below and complete a Volunteer Application.
Adoption Event Volunteers
We need volunteers to help with adoption events held at PETSMART in Blakeney every Saturday from 11am-2pm or seasonal events. This can involve transportation of animals from and to foster homes and / or holding or walking the animals while introducing them to potential adopters and answering questions.
Kitty Room Volunteers
We need volunteers to help care for the cats and kittens that live in PETSMART Blakeney while waiting for their forever home. This includes socialization, providing fresh food and water, cleaning litter boxes and giving them lots of love. Usually regular volunteers go once a week for 1 to 2 hours. Kitty Room Volunteers need to be accompanied by a parent, if they are under 18 years of age.
Event Planning Volunteers
- Planning fundraisers and / or special events
- Preparing grant proposals
- Soliciting individuals and/ or companies for donations
- Help cultivate relationships with local vets
Public Relations Volunteers
- Contact corporations about sponsorships
- Help contact local media about events and happenings
- Educate the community on the importance of spay/neuter
- Submit articles for our newsletter
Download a Volunteer Release