We have a variety of cats, dogs, kittens and puppies waiting for new homes. Before meeting any of our available pets, we ask that you review our Adoption Requirements and complete a brief application. It's in everyone's best interest to find the right match, and your cooperation is greatly appreciated. As soon as your application is approved (generally within 2-3 days), Carolina P.A.W.S. will get in touch with you to arrange for you to meet your new pet! Filling out an application does not obligate you to adopt nor guarantee and adoption.
- An application must be submitted prior to meeting the pet
- Vets and references will be contacted
- No animal will ever be adopted to "outside only" homes, as we firmly believe pets have a right to the warmth and safety of the indoors
- Some dogs may require a fenced in yard
- A meet and greet will be arranged by a Carolina P.A.W.S. representative prior to adoption
- A contract must be signed at the time of the adoption. An adoption fee is required to help defray the cost of the pet's spay/neuter and vaccinations
- All applicants need to be 21 years of age or older to apply.
- An applicant most be fully employed and proof of employment may be requested.
Please note: We will occasionally allow adoptions of puppies and kittens that are not spayed/neutered; however, the adopter must bring the animal to our vet for spay/neuter . This date will be scheduled prior to adoption and will be stated on the adoption contract. We require the use of our veterinarians because our program relies on subsidized healthcare from our animal hospitals. We will follow up to ensure that all animals are brought in for scheduled spay/neuters.
*** We only accept applications within a certain radius of where are volunteers are based in the greater Charlotte NC area. ***
Download an Application for Canine
Download an Application for Feline
Please complete ALL questions and boxes within the Adoption Application. Leaving questions blank or not filling out the form completely can be cause for the application to be discarded or denied.
Submitting an application in no way obligates you to adopt nor guarantees an adoption.
Please click download
Open in Word .doc file
Fill it out completely
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach file
If you have any question, feel free to contact us!