Our volunteers and fosters are the back bone to our organization and they are what make up Carolina P.A.W.S. Our volunteers help hundreds of animals a year through volunteering. Regardless of your skills and schedule, there are plenty of opportunities throughout the year to help us help animals in need! If you would like to join us to find homes for animals, educate the public or raise funds, please see our many opportunities below and complete a Volunteer Application. Email completed volunteer release form to email@example.com.
Adoption Event Volunteers
We need volunteers to help with adoption events held at PETSMART in Blakeney every Saturday from 11am-2pm or seasonal events. This would include overseeing our the adoption events and answering general questions from the public. Please note that volunteers overseeing adoption events need to be at least 21 years of age or older and must have a volunteer release form on file.
Cat Condo Volunteers
We need volunteers to help care for the cats and kittens that live in PETSMART Blakeney while waiting for their forever home. This includes socialization, providing fresh food and water, cleaning litter boxes and giving them lots of love. Usually regular volunteers go once a week for 1 to 2 hours. Kitty Room Volunteers need to be 16 years of age or older.
- Oversee local events (must be 21 years old or older)
- Assist with dogs and cats at local adoption events (must be 16 years old or older)
- Assist with set up and clean up for events
Public Relations/Marketing Volunteers
- Contact corporations about sponsorships
- Plan and coordinate fundraising and/or special events
- Help contact local media about events and happenings
- Preparing grant proposals
- Solicit individuals and/or companies for donations
Download a Volunteer Release